20-052 Engineering Technician IV – Instrumentation – Optics – Testing
Description: Work Location: Kirtland AFB,NM
The Engineering Technician IV performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. This technician performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as:
Constructs, operates, maintains, repairs, installs, and assists engineering personnel in supporting missile instrumentation, ground support equipment and telemetry systems. Installs and tests missile ordnance systems utilizing ordnance testing equipment and procedures. Accomplishes missile instrumentation testing, ground support equipment setup, and telemetry equipment programming with little or no supervision. Maintains ordnance certification and serves as a team member and/or safety observer during ordnance operations.
Applies advanced knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems may include isolating malfunctions and unexpected interactions, and incorporating engineering changes. Performs or directs the performance of complex laboratory measurements, i.e., RF center frequency and bandwidth, PCM decommutator setup, RF receiver setup, PCM Bit synchronization, etc. Develops, schedules, and conducts operational field test designed to test missile instrumentation operational characterization including participation in missile environmental testing. Supports Launch operation including ordnance arming, GSE setup, Communication networks, and telemetry equipment setup.
Must understand and follow ordnance, calibration, security, safety, property control, and environmental procedures. May be required to complete daily and monthly operation and maintenance reports as well as specific incident reports.
Work may be reviewed by a supervisor or engineer for compliance with generally accepted practices. Must be able to provide technical guidance to lower level technicians and equipment operators.
Will support :
1) minor and major field tests at various test sites
2) providing operational maintenance support, performing laboratory experimental work, and inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating of instrumentation equipment.
3) Operate and maintain video and data recording/display/ transmitting/receiving/monitoring and specialized equipment.
Work will include cross-utilization into other jobs as required. May require some overtime, weekend work, and TDY assignments
- High school education or equivalent and 8+ years of experience performing the above duties. Formal military, trade school, or equivalent on-the-job training commensurate with duties.
- Must have experience using: cinetheodolites, tracking telescopes, high-speed motion picture cameras, and ballistic plate cameras.
- Read Schematics, use a multimeter, oscilloscope, and have experience with Radar and RF technologies.
- Must possess ability to work tactfully with professional engineers, technicians, and management staff at all levels of effort.
- Possess a valid US driver's license and must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- U.S. Citizenship and a current U.S. DOD SECRET Security Clearance required for hire and to be maintained throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.