Application Administrator/Cloud Solutions
Applicants requiring sponsorship (i.e., H1B visa status), now or in the future, will not be considered at this time. The following documents are REQUIRED to be considered for the position: - Resume - Cover letter - Complete UNM Application.
The UNM Health Sciences Center Chief Information Office is looking for a self-motivated individual to help provide quality software solutions and support on the applications support team. They will serves as expert and/or lead in the development, implementation and maintenance of applications or systems of advanced complexity. Using independent judgement, this individual will work with vendors, customers, and technical staff to transition products to cloud based solutions, such as Office 365, and commercial off the shelf (COTS) products. This person will also provide support for our learning management system, Moodle, and will work with other technicians to evolve our Identity management system - Sailpoint. Responsibilities include application administration, planning and implementing vendor provided patches and upgrades, provisioning accounts, working with system administrators and customers to identify and implement Active Directory/SAML/F5 integrations, and addressing various technical and process issues related to supported products.
The application support team provides primary application support for the UNM Health Sciences Center academic (education and research) community. The successful applicant will work closely with the other IT departments and will be expected to collaborate with our partners and counterparts in the UNM Health System (clinical operations) in the management of enterprise-wide shared services. All members of the HSC Applications Team must demonstrate a commitment to consistently providing responsive, high quality customer service to departments and end users.
The successful applicant will have exceptional communication skills, expertise in on-premise and cloud application technologies, ability to establish relationships with vendors and customers, as well as strong troubleshooting skills and persistence to successfully accomplish objectives. Skills and abilities should be demonstrated to have been developed through experience and formal training, and should include a clear sense of customer service, a thorough understanding of the values, practices and procedures found in an academic health sciences center and a commitment to mentoring and developing technical staff.
The UNM HSC has earned a national and international reputation for its integrated education, patient care, research, and partnership initiatives which address the unique healthcare needs of New Mexico's urban and rural populations (http://hsc.unm.edu). The UNM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in the area of expertise.
- Ability to translate user needs to innovative application solutions
- Knowledge of modern system and application architecture, protocols, design, and best practices
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, methods, and techniques within Applications Administration, programming, and scripting
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to determine the nature and cause of complex problems, coordinate solutions.
- Knowledge or experience with cloud-based applications and tools-Administration and support
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives utilizing good communication, planning, and professionalism
- Ability to plan, design, coordinate installation, test, and modify complex systems, subsystems, and networks.
- Knowledge of Beanshell scripting/programming, PowerShell a plus
- Knowledge or experience with any IDM, Microsoft Identity Manager, Sailpoint, Okta, etc
- Knowledge of LDAP/Connector based systems. Queries, connections, etc
- Knowledge or experience with Identity concepts, RBAC, Access and authorization differentiation, etc