Open Rank/Research track
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87101, United States
Job ID: 53533526
Position Title: Open Rank/Research track
Company Name: University of New Mexico
Internal Medicine Division:
The University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, Department of Internal Medicine, seeks faculty members to join the Division of Nephrology. The position is for an Open Rank on the Research track. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and education.
- Doctorate obtained must have a relevant major (medicine subspecialty-relevant major: physiology/pathophysiology career focus);
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Research expertise (basic, translational, and clinical science) in diabetes mellitus and its complications (diabetic nephropathy).
- Leadership of externally-funded laboratory. Honors or awards supporting a track record of recognition.
- Membership of the American Society of Nephrology and American Heart Association.
- Service to a graduate advisory committee specifically with Biomedical engineering experience.
- Knowledge of corporate science and academic science to include grantsmanship and knowledge of the scientific peer review process.
- Track record of research funding (as a PI) Editorial Board membership
- Manuscript review history for diabetes and/or physiology-relevant journals.
- History of Teaching, specifically cellular and molecular medicine, physiology
- Directorship of graduate program(s) (e.g., pharmacology, toxicology, physiology, human morphology, neuroscience, immunology, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular genetics)
- Experience in training graduate students and medical students. International collaborations.
For best consideration apply by April 3, 2020; however, the position is open until filled.
For complete description and application requirements for Posting Req12493.
Please see the UNM jobs application system at: https://unmjobs.unm.edu.
Inquiries may be directed to Brent Wagner MD, Director of the Kidney Institute of New Mexico, University of New Mexico (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UNM's confidential policy ("Disclosure of Information about Candidates for Employment," UNM Board of Regents' Policy Manual 6.7), which includes information about public disclosure of documents submitted by applicants, is located at https://policy.unm.edu/regents-policies/section-6/6-7.html
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.